There''s a man, standing on the corner,
一个男子站在街角
With a sign saying: "Will work for food."
身边的标示告之他已失去了工作
You know the man, you see him every morning,
你每天清晨都能看见他
The one you never give your money to.
只是你从不施舍
You can sit there with your window rolled up,
你安逸的坐在窗前
Wonderin'' when the light''s gonna turn green.
寻思着何时黄昏来临
Never knowing what a couple more bucks,
却从不曾想到男子口袋里的几个钱币
In his pocket might mean.
对他的意义
What if he''s an angel sent here from heaven?
倘若他是下凡的天使
And he''s ma*ing certain that you''re doing your best,
看你是否尽力
To take the time to help one another:
帮助别人
Brother, are you gonna pass that test?
朋友,你会通过这个测试吗?
You can go on with your day-to-day,
你可以一如既往的打发日子
Trying to forget what you saw in his face.
抹去那张脸在你脑海中的记忆
Knowing deep down you could have been his savin'' grace.
但你深知自己本来有帮助他的机会
What if he''s an angel?
倘若他是天使?
There''s a man, and there''s a woman,
一对夫妻
Livin'' right above you in apartment G.
住在你楼上
There''s a lot of noise comin'' through the ceiling,
透过天花板你能听到
And it don''t sound like harmony.
争执声此起彼伏
You can sit there with your TV turned up,
你可以安然开大你电视的声音
While the words in his anger fly.
当他的怒吼声传来
But come tomorrow when you see her with her shades on,
而次日看着她受伤的印记
Can you look her in the eye?
你是否有勇气看着她的眼睛?
What if she''s an angel sent here from heaven?
倘若她是下凡的天使?
And she''s ma*ing certain that you''re doing your best,
她想知道你是否尽力
To take the time to help one another:
去帮助别人
Brother, are you gonna pass that test?
朋友,你会通过这个测试吗?
You can go on with your day-to-day,
你可以一如既往打发日子
Tryin'' to forget what you saw in her face.
并抹去那张脸在你脑海中记忆
Knowing deep down you could have been her savin'' grace.
但你深知你曾有帮助她的机会
What if she''s an angel?
倘若她是天使
A little girl, on daddy''s lap,
一个小女孩坐在父亲的膝上
Hidin'' her disease with a baseball cap.
她的棒球帽遮住了她病痛的模样
You can turn the channel, most people do.
你可以像很多人那样换个频道
But what if you were sitting in her daddy''s shoes?
但倘若你是女孩的父亲你会作何感受?