|
楼主 |
发表于 2009-7-15 10:13:29
|
显示全部楼层
引用第399楼topspeed于2009-07-14 09:59发表的 :
090714
Give it to me straight. 有话直说
如果你认为对方说话拐弯抹角、吞吞吐吐,让人难以理解,你可以用这句口语。英语中,要对方直接说出自己的想法、意图,除了Give it to me straight. 这句常用的表达方式外,还有 Stop beating around the bush. 别绕圈子。bush 在这里的意思是灌木丛。
Scene 1
A:I'm sorry, I don't have good news for you.
很抱歉,我有个坏消息要告诉你。
B:Give it to me straight.
你就直说吧。
A:You failed your final examination.
你期未考试不及格。
Scene 2
A:I have to trouble you for a while. I need to tell you some bad news.
我得打扰你一会儿,有个坏消息要告诉你。
B:Give it to me straight. Did my son cause some trouble?
直说吧。是不是我儿子捣乱?
A:He had a fight with his classmate and the boy was taken to the hospital.
他跟同学打架,现在那孩子送去医院了。
Sentences
1. I was fired! Tell me the reason. Give it to me straight.
我被解雇了!告诉我什么原因,直说吧。
2. You want to live at your office. Why? Give it to me straight.
你想住办公室,为什么?有什么话就直说吧。
3. You said my salary is too high. What do you means? Give it to me straight.
你说我薪水太高,什么意思?有话请直说。 |
|