|
楼主 |
发表于 2009-8-6 15:24:57
|
显示全部楼层
引用第542楼topspeed于2009-08-05 10:14发表的 :
20090805
You are really something. 你真有一手
you're really something. 是一句表示赞赏的俚语,意思是你真有一手或你真有两下子。
Scene 1
A:We haven't seen each other for several years. How are you?
我们有年头未见面了,你怎么样?
B:Not bad. I moved to the US 3 years ago. Now, I have a green card and I also bought a house.
还不错,三年前我到了美国,现在拿到了绿卡,还买了一套房子。
A:You're really something.
你真有本事。
Scene 2
A:Your child is really something. She got the 1st prize in the piano contest.
你孩子真有两下子,居然在钢琴比赛中获得第一名。
B:She's talented in music.
她有音乐天赋吧。
Scene 3
A:You have been promoted to assistant manager. You're really something.
你被提升为经理助理,你真能干。
B:But it is not an easy job.
这可不是一件轻松的活。
Scene 4
A:This is the design of our advertisement.
这是我们的广告设计图。
B:It's excellent. You're really something.
很不错,你可真有一手。
Scene 4
A:My mother is a super cook. She just attended the International Competition.
我妈是一位特级厨师,她刚参加了国际烹饪大赛。
B:She's really something.
她真有能耐。
something pron. 某事、某物;重要人物、重要东西
something damp (美俚) 酒、一杯酒
something like 接近、大约
something tells me (口语)我觉得……,我怀疑 |
|